Virgin Galactic is “weeks, not months” away from its first trip into space.
Sir Richard Branson told CNBC: “We should be in space within weeks, not months. And then we will be in space with myself in months and not years.”
He added that “not too long after” the company would be taking its first passengers out to the stars.
A Virgin Galactic spokesperson confirmed to The Independent: “We have now undertaken three supersonic rocket powered flights with VSS Unity, the latest of which saw the spaceship enter the Mesosphere for the first time at almost two and half times the speed of sound, achieving an altitude of 171,000ft.
You may not be able to travel to the moon in person just yet, so why not do it via Ryan Gosling at the movies.
On the heels of their six-time Academy Award®-winning smash, La La Land, Oscar®-winning director Damien Chazelle and star Ryan Gosling reteam for Universal Pictures’ First Man, the riveting story of NASA’s mission to land a man on the moon, focusing on Neil Armstrong and the years 1961-1969. A visceral, first-person account, based on the book by James R. Hansen, the movie will explore the sacrifices and the cost—on Armstrong and on the nation—of one of the most dangerous missions in history. FIRST MAN is in cinemas from 1 October and we have 10 double passes to give away.
Simply tell us in 25 words or less why you would want to travel to the moon and email your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions as per Captured Travel Media. Competition closes 15 October with winners notified via email on 16 October.
- Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas joins IHG - February 15, 2019
- AirAsia adds Brisbane to Bangkok flights - February 11, 2019
- Discover Mauritius - February 7, 2019
- Mauritius’ most instagramable spots - February 5, 2019
- Air Vanuatu adds non-stop from Melbourne - February 5, 2019
- Flight Review: Air Mauritius – Perth to Port Louis, Mauritius - February 1, 2019
- Hotel Review: SALT of Palmar, Mauritius - February 1, 2019
- Discover the best of Cabo, Mexico - January 23, 2019
- LOUNGE REVIEW: Wellness Spa, klia2 - January 22, 2019
- Discover Austria - January 19, 2019