It is safe to say the mountain gorilla encounter, a wanderlist experience, has lured most visitors to the ‘Land of a Thousand Hills’ over the years, but Rwanda is a country on the verge of a tourism boom, for reasons beyond the gorillas.
In a short 10 year, Rwanda has increased its hotel room supply from 600 to a massive 10,500 – and it’s not just any hotel opening its doors amid Rwanda’s rolling green hills.
Rwanda’s capital city Kigali is already home to the five-star Serena, Marriott and Radisson Blu. The luxury offering in Rwanda is increasing, attracting a new kind of clientele. This year, luxury eco-lodges like Wilderness Safaris’ Bisate Lodge at Volcanoes National Park, and the brand-spanking new One&Only Nyungwe House opened this month, are adding to the allure for travellers to the country.
It doesn’t end there either. New luxury camps and lodges in the pipeline, such as Singita Kwitonda Lodge, and Wilderness Safaris’ new addition Magashi Camp on the shores of Lake Rwanyakazinga, which will open in early 2019.
In addition to the luxury lodges opening are exclusive tour offerings that go beyond just the gorilla trekking experience in Rwanda. A country that has so much more to offer, companies such as Where Wild Things Roam Travel are embracing the conservation initiatives in Rwanda and taking travellers into the heart of the country to experience the gorilla trekking, community and cultural activities and more, in a way that gives back to the country.
- Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas joins IHG - February 15, 2019
- AirAsia adds Brisbane to Bangkok flights - February 11, 2019
- Discover Mauritius - February 7, 2019
- Mauritius’ most instagramable spots - February 5, 2019
- Air Vanuatu adds non-stop from Melbourne - February 5, 2019
- Flight Review: Air Mauritius – Perth to Port Louis, Mauritius - February 1, 2019
- Hotel Review: SALT of Palmar, Mauritius - February 1, 2019
- Discover the best of Cabo, Mexico - January 23, 2019
- LOUNGE REVIEW: Wellness Spa, klia2 - January 22, 2019
- Discover Austria - January 19, 2019