It is hard to feel confident booking a trip to Africa if you have not been before. This is when travellers will rely of the expertise of travel agents, Tourism Boards, wholesalers, dedicated websites for destinations.
At the Pearl of Africa Tourism Expo (POATE) in Uganda recently, the East African Tourism Platform (EATP) launched its new East Africa Portal, designed to make visiting the destination easier.
The portal Visit East Africa is where Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda have come together to market themselves under the brand, Borderless Borders; with the ultimate goal of extending opportunities for travel within the region.
Australia receives great support from the Kenya Tourism Board, however the other East African Countries often get left behind. With no representation in Australia for Uganda Tourism Board or Rwanda Development Board, the challenge is to get up to date destination information for an accurate source.
This is where the new website will help. In addition to up to date information, new multi-country itineraries are being designed under the group of the relevant tourism boards: Kenya Tourism Board, Rwanda Development Board and Uganda Tourism Board.
Travellers now have information on East Africa at the click of a button. The interactive website also works as a sales tool with vivid imagery to inspire travel and increase awareness of the region’s tourism products and other related tourism information.
The website acts as a platform to showcase products and services; and access information on Exhibitions and road-shows, amongst other joint promotional campaigns, as well as housing a database of wholesalers and ground operators, so travellers can make direct contact for any questions or quotes.
For more visit www.visiteastafrica.org
- Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas joins IHG - February 15, 2019
- AirAsia adds Brisbane to Bangkok flights - February 11, 2019
- Discover Mauritius - February 7, 2019
- Mauritius’ most instagramable spots - February 5, 2019
- Air Vanuatu adds non-stop from Melbourne - February 5, 2019
- Flight Review: Air Mauritius – Perth to Port Louis, Mauritius - February 1, 2019
- Hotel Review: SALT of Palmar, Mauritius - February 1, 2019
- Discover the best of Cabo, Mexico - January 23, 2019
- LOUNGE REVIEW: Wellness Spa, klia2 - January 22, 2019
- Discover Austria - January 19, 2019