In keeping with its Orient Express brand, the property offers the unique experience of an inspiring journey, travelling beyond the boundaries of the expected. La Résidence d’Angkor is your home away from home with the experience of Cambodia’s culture.
Just 20 minutes from Siem Reap airport, La Résidence d’Angkor lies by the tree-shaded river in the heart of Siem Reap, ideally located for exploring the nearby temples of Angkor Wat and the great Tonle Sap Lake with its floating markets. Right on the doorstep is the Siem Reap’s colourful craft markets and the lively cafe and bar quarter hosting Pub Street.
The hotel’s exquisite decorations of traditional hardwoods, bamboo and natural textiles such as silk and cotton give a light and airy feel matched with floor-to-ceiling windows that exude peace and tranquillity.
Amongst the tropical garden that encloses a swimming pool decorated with 45,000 handmade individually glazed tiles, each reflecting a different shade of green, and lotus ponds to create a tranquil retreat are 8 Khmer-style suites and 54 rooms. These rooms include Deluxe Riverside Rooms, Deluxe Garden Side Rooms and Deluxe Poolside Rooms.
In keeping with the property’s relaxed atmosphere, the stylishly decorated Dining Room serves both international and Khmer cuisine in a serene, traditional atmosphere. With seating inside or outside amongst the Koi fish ponds, a globally acclaimed team of chefs features a delicious menu of traditional Khmer cuisine with a contemporary twist. On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays guests are spoilt with dinner and a show of traditional Khmer Dance Performances.
The casual BBQ restaurant offering salads and a succulent selection of grills is found in the heart of La Résidence d’Angkor’s lush gardens and is an excellent place to have a meal after going for a swim. In the same area is the pool bar serving up a concoction of cocktails to refresh you after a long day or for those wanting some casual tapas there is the Martini Lounge for cocktails, featuring evening entertainment with performances by local children and lotus flower lessons.
For the ultimate in relaxation and rejuvenation is La Résidence d’Angkor’s Kong Kea Spa. Listed on Condé Nast Traveler’s 2010 Spas Hot List, the spa is an indulgent sensory experience dedicated to pampering your body while relaxing your mind using local organic and chemical free products.
La Résidence d’Angkor also features a fitness centre for keeping in shape, rooms and space for meetings and events as well as two boutiques offering a wide range of attractive items including authentic handicrafts, antique creations made of silver and silks and larger objects of art such as Buddha statues made out of wood or stone.
- Dual voltage 110v/220v
- Daily newspaper
- Fresh flowers
- Mini bar
- Coffee maker
- Bottled water
- Fresh fruit
- Hair dryer
- Bath robes
- Wi-Fi Internet access
- Satellite flat screen TV
- DVD player
- Non-smoking rooms can be confirmed
- Welcome drink on arrival for all guests
- Daily fresh fruits set-up in your room
- Daily buffet breakfast in The Dining Room, included in all rates
- Room service available from 05:00 – 23:00
- Twice daily maid service
- Airport transfers
- Transportation services
- Excursion and sightseeing services
- Same-day laundry and dry cleaning services
- Daily morning news in the guest’s language delivered to the room (except weekends)
- Board games
- Babysitting services
- Wake-up call service
- Iron and ironing boards available
- Choice of feather or foam pillows available
- Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas joins IHG - February 15, 2019
- AirAsia adds Brisbane to Bangkok flights - February 11, 2019
- Discover Mauritius - February 7, 2019
- Mauritius’ most instagramable spots - February 5, 2019
- Air Vanuatu adds non-stop from Melbourne - February 5, 2019
- Flight Review: Air Mauritius – Perth to Port Louis, Mauritius - February 1, 2019
- Hotel Review: SALT of Palmar, Mauritius - February 1, 2019
- Discover the best of Cabo, Mexico - January 23, 2019
- LOUNGE REVIEW: Wellness Spa, klia2 - January 22, 2019
- Discover Austria - January 19, 2019