If you can’t make it to Greece just yet, or dreaming of a Greek getaway, then get yourself to the cinema this July to catch all the action in Greece in Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again.
Get ready to sing and dance, laugh and love all over again. Ten years after Mamma Mia! The Movie, you are invited to return to the magical Greek island of Kalokairi in an all-new original musical based on the songs of ABBA.
Kalokairi, the island in the “Mamma Mia”, is actually really named Skopelos. The island is in the Aegean Sea off the coast of mainland Greece. Kalokairi is a made-up island name just used in the “Mamma Mia” movie and has nothing to do with Skopelos itself. In Greek, Kalokairi means “summer,” so just about any Greek island could be called a “summer island.”
Skopelos is part of the Sporades island group of Greece. Even if you don’t love “Mamma Mia,” Skopelos is a relatively unspoiled island. Since the “Mamma Mia” movie, the island has seen a bit of a surge in tourists.
There are many small hotels on Skopelos. You can also rent villas and apartments. Food on Skopelos tends to feature plenty of fresh seafood traditionally prepared, but chicken pie is also popular.
With the film’s original cast returning and new additions including Lily James (Cinderella, Baby Driver), the musical comedy releases in Cinemas July 19.
For your chance to win a double pass to see Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address. Winners will be drawn on 15 July and notified via email. Terms and conditions apply as per Captured Travel Media Terms & Conditions.
- Fright-seeing Scotland’s Ghost Trail - October 29, 2018
- Qantas and KLM make Amsterdam closer - October 26, 2018
- Whitsundays ranks as best island in region - October 25, 2018
- Nat Geo & Scenic River Cruise Partnership - October 24, 2018
- WEEKLY DEALS: Cruise Europe, Busabout, Outback adventures & more - October 23, 2018
- MSC Cruises enters ultra-luxury segment - October 19, 2018
- Check in with VA via voice - October 7, 2018
- 5 Fun Facts about Canada - September 6, 2018
- 5 things you need to know before your first Tokyo trip - September 3, 2018
- 5 common tourist scams to avoid - August 30, 2018