Vanuatu, the adventure capital of the South Pacific, is now more accessible than ever with Air Vanuatu’s new, non-stop service from Melbourne to Vanuatu’s capital Port Vila.
From 18 June 2019, Air Vanuatu will operate three flights per week between the two cities, opening-up a new, action-packed, holiday destination for people living in Melbourne.
The flights, which are scheduled at convenient times and available to book now, will give people living in Melbourne more time to experience the raw beauty of this South Pacific nation. From untouched wilderness and ancient traditions to pristine oceans and rugged landscapes, there’s something for everyone in Vanuatu.
Just over four hours from Melbourne, adventure, in its many forms, is what Vanuatu does best.
Top experiences in Vanuatu
- Jump on a quad bike and explore Vanuatu’s main island, Efate, with a self-guided tour of its unspoiled scenic coastline and secluded beaches
- Explore a vast array of tours and experiences with a local Ni-Vanuatu guide, including ziplining, jetboating, kayaking, cycling, stand-up paddle boarding or swimming with dugongs and turtles
- Step back in time and experience the local way of life with a visit to one of the rural Kastom villages; or stay overnight in a locally owned bungalow for a true taste of traditional island life
- Snorkel beneath the warm tropical waters to explore meadows of unspoilt corals and fascinating sea life in the world-class marine reserve just off the coast of Port Vila
- Meet the friendly local vendors as you stroll through Mama’s Markets and learn how the sale of traditional handicrafts helps the local families and communities
- Take a short flight over to Vanuatu’s largest island, Espiritu Santo, and dive beneath the sparkling turquoise waters to explore some of the world’s best diving sites, including WWII wreck – SS President Coolidge
- Explore the spectacular white-sand beaches of Port Orly and Champagne Beach or plunge into one of Vanuatu’s crystal-clear, fresh water, blue holes. The east coast of Espiritu Santo boasts more blue holes than anywhere else in the world, including one of the most spectacular, Nanda Blue Hole – a favourite with local families
- Or take a short flight south to Tanna island for a once-in-a-lifetime fireworks display spilling from one of the world’s most accessible active volcanoes, Mt Yasur
- Finish the day with your feet in the sand and a cold Tusker in hand as the sunsets over the horizon
To celebrate the arrival of the new route, Air Vanuatu is offering a special fare starting from $325 one way, with onward connections to Espiritu Santo and Tanna Island starting from $350 one way, for bookings made between now and 31 March 2019. Travel must take place between 18 June to 31 December 2019.
For more information visit www.vanuatu.travel/au and to book flights visit www.airvanuatu.com
- Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas joins IHG - February 15, 2019
- AirAsia adds Brisbane to Bangkok flights - February 11, 2019
- Discover Mauritius - February 7, 2019
- Mauritius’ most instagramable spots - February 5, 2019
- Air Vanuatu adds non-stop from Melbourne - February 5, 2019
- Flight Review: Air Mauritius – Perth to Port Louis, Mauritius - February 1, 2019
- Hotel Review: SALT of Palmar, Mauritius - February 1, 2019
- Discover the best of Cabo, Mexico - January 23, 2019
- LOUNGE REVIEW: Wellness Spa, klia2 - January 22, 2019
- Discover Austria - January 19, 2019